I have been editing in various forms since 1998, which means I have helped produce clear, useful, accurate materials, in print and online, by myself and with a team. My job as an editor is to make sure that any project I work on is both clear and useful to its audience, and telling the story its author intended. I specialize in health communication, including patient education, adherence, and continuing medical education, but am happy to work in other fields as well.
How can I help you? Please contact me for more information.
My services include:
- Developmental editing to help bring your project from an idea to a reality
- Structural and stylistic editing to ensure that your project is clear, understandable, and appropriate for its audience
- Copy editing for consistency, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and references
- Proofreading: a last look before your work goes out into the world
- Plain language editing to reduce jargon and make your work more accessible to lay readers
- Ensuring that graphs, tables, and figures make sense
- Developing and updating style guides
(What’s the difference between developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading? Editors Canada explains.)
Types of projects I have worked on include:
- Educational brochures and booklets
- News and feature articles
- Posters for academics and the public
- E-learning materials
- iPad apps
- Regulatory material for financial services firms
Please contact me for more information.